Ferrari Club of America National Meet 2016
Platinum all around!
We’re excited to announce that all cars that were judged at the FCA National Meet placed at a Platinum level. In addition a 1959 Ferrari 250 GT LWB California Spyder Competizione – Chassis #1451 GT, which was not on the judging schedule, won the NART Award.
2016 Platinum Winners
• 1963 Ferrari 250 Lusso, #4481 GT/L
• 1963 Ferrari 250 Lusso, #5081 GT/L
• 1954 Ferrari 250 Monza Spyder, #0432M
• 1971 Ferrari Daytona GTB/4, #14049
• 1962 Ferrari 250 GTE, #4303 GT
• 1954 Ferrari 250 Monza Spyder, #0432M – Best In Show
• 1954 Ferrari 250 Monza Spyder, #0432M – Best Competition
• 1959 Ferrari 250 GT LWB California Spyder Competizione, #1451 GT – NART Award
Motion Products 2016 Events
We are excited to list our 2016 event schedule and Wayne Obry tributes. Come and join Motion Products and our staff as we help support these wonderful organizations and celebrate the life and contributions Wayne Obry has made to the automotive industry over the past 35+ years.
Ferrari Club of America - National Meet (June 18-22)
- Sunday vehicle display of MPI Pebble Beach winners
- Video of Wayne to be played at the Awards Dinner
Monterey Car Week (August 16-21)
- Article written by a long time client and friend of Wayne to be published in the Insider Magazine
- Our staff will also be found at a number of events throughout the week: Quail, Concorso Italiano, Pebble Beach
Concours d'Elegance, and the Auctions.
Milwaukee Concours d'Elegence (August 27-28)
- Sunday vehicle display of MPI Pebble Beach winners
- MPI trailer with display of vehicles under the awning
Art In Motion (October 1)
- MPI Shop tour
- MPI and Wayne Tribute drive through Kettle Moraine and Historic 1950's Elkhart Lake track
- This is part of a fundraising event started by Wayne to show support of the arts and community. Tickets will be on sale soon.
A Legend Lost
It is with great sorrow that we announce the death of Wayne R. Obry who passed away Friday, March 11, 2016. He will be remembered as one of the greats in the Ferrari world and as a loving husband and father.
In 1979, Wayne started his restoration business in his garage at his home in Hortonville, WI and grew the business into a world class restoration facility. Known worldwide for his knowledge of the Ferrari Marque, Wayne not only was a lifetime IAC/PFA Judge but became a Vintage Ferrari consultant for the Ferrari factory in Maranello, Italy.
Those who knew Wayne understood his passion for cars and enjoyed his many stories which he loved to share over the years. Throughout his career he had the privilege of working on some of the most rare and beautiful cars in the world and truly appreciated the opportunity to travel worldwide showing and inspecting cars for his clients.
This passion and understanding of vintage automobiles will live on through the legacy he built with Motion Products, Inc.
Family and Friends may call at:
Bethlehem Lutheran Church
203 N. Nash Street / Hortonville, WI
Viewing: Thursday, March 17 from 4:00 – 7:00 pm
Funeral: Friday, March 18 at 11:00 am
Amelia Island Concours d’Elegance
March 11-13, 2016
Amelia Island is among one of the top automotive events nationwide. Held the second weekend in March, this event draws over 250 rare vehicles from collections around the world to Amelia Island, FL. In the past twenty years Amelia Island Concours d’Elegance has moved beyond just a car show and into a gathering of some of the most outstanding examples of design and restoration.
Motion Products, Inc. will be showcasing one of these exquisite vehicles at the 2016 Amelia Island Concours D’Elegance.
1961 Ferrari 250 GT Short Wheelbase Berlinetta (Scaglietti) chassis #2639GT
Amelia Island Featured Videos
Jim Wallner appointed director for The Masterpiece Ltd.
Milwaukee, Wis. (Jan. 28, 2016) – James Wallner, director of new business
development for Motion Products, Inc. (MPI), Neenah, has been appointed to the
board of directors for The Masterpiece Ltd. The announcement was made today
by Gary Messing, board president.
“Jim brings a wealth of experience in concours d’elegance events,” said Messing.
“He and MPI are known internationally for their expertise in preparing vehicles for
concours competitions. We are pleased to have him join our leadership team.”
Cavallino Classic 2016
Congratulations to our clients...what a YEAR!
Cavallino Concorso d’Eleganza
• 1955 Ferrari 250 Europa GT - Platinum & Emeritus Award
• 1961 Ferrari 250 SWB - Platinum & Ferrari Classique Award
• 1956 Ferrari 250 Boano - Platinum & Excellence Cup
• 1960 Ferrari 400 SuperAmerica Coupe Aerodinamico a.k.a. Superfast II - Platinum & Best of Show GT
• 1954 Ferrari 250 Monza - Platinum & Best of Show Competition
Classic Sport Sunday at Mar-a-Lago
Best of Show
• 1933 Alfa Romeo 8C 2300 – Excellence in Class
• 1956 Ferrari 250 Boano – Excellence in Class & Ladies Choice Award
Cavallino Classic Competition
• 1980 Ferrari 512 BBLM - 2nd Place
Cavallino Classic - 25th Anniversary
January 20-24, 2016
Palm Beach, FL
This premier Ferrari event brings together enthusiasts from around the world for racing, concours judging and just plain fun. If you’re making the trip to Florida this year stop by and see our staff. You can find us…
• Thursday and Friday at Palm Beach International Raceway (PBIR) under our awning providing race support
• Saturday at the Concorso d’Eleganza at the Breakers for judging and a display under the tent at the Mercato.
• Sunday join us at Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago for Classic Sports Sunday
The Masterpiece Ltd. presents new name, new leadership for Milwaukee’s premier Concours d’Elegance
Milwaukee, Wis. – (Nov. 24, 2015) The Masterpiece Ltd. board of directors has announced a name change for the event formerly known as the Milwaukee Masterpiece as well as a new board president. “With a rich 11-year foundation, we are changing the name of our event to the Milwaukee Concours d’Elegance,” said Gary Messing, president.
“We believe the new name removes any ambiguity as to what we are all about and that is to showcase outstanding vintage and classic vehicles that are deemed worthy of a judged competition,” Messing said.
Messing was appointed president by the board at its October 2015 meeting.