Known internationally for award-winning Concours restorations, MPI offers clients a world-class experience in the restoration and preservation of their vehicles. With 98% of work completed within our 75,000 sq. ft. facilities, MPI has unparalleled in-house capabilities that allows us to provide not only complete Concours restorations but maintenance and specialty services for a distinctive client experience.
Centrally located in Wisconsin, Motion Products, Inc. provides competitive compensation and benefits.
To apply please complete a resume and email to email@example.com or mail to 777 Kuehn Court, Neenah, WI 54956.
Coach Building / Engine Building / Paint & Body Refinishing / Upholstery / Mechanical Services
Component Restoration / Research / Event Support / Logistics / Parts Acquisition
Responsible for restoring automotive upholstery to OE specs, or customer requested specifications. The upholstery technician is a key member to the restoration team serving internal and external customers therefore professionalism and strong communication skills are essential. The upholstery technician will also be instrumental in the design of efficient work process, equipment and supply acquisition, overall function of the upholstery service, and the development of new business opportunities within upholstery.
Job Specific Duties
• Documentation of all duties including the development of standard operating procedures
• Fabricate upholstery using patterns based on original patterns and or customer requests
• Fabricate, repair convertible tops using knowledge of fabric and upholstery methods
• Operate sewing machine and all tools associated with upholstery to safe working conditions
• Fabricate patterns from original work
• Accepts lead responsibilities when needed, oversees projects in upholstery area and coordinates with
• Mentor and train lesser skilled technicians and monitors their work.
• Works to execute the goals and objectives of the MPI
• Works collaboratively with other team members to achieve group goals
• Demonstrates attention to detail
• Assists with other initiatives as requested
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED: Knowledge of automobile upholstery and techniques.
• Ability to lead, motivate and mentor others
• A basic set of upholsterers tools
• Independently and proficient operation of upholstery tooling and machinery
• Ability to visualize how something will look after it is completed
• A working knowledge of automobile upholstery
• Communicates and relates well with others
• Strong ability to solve problems sometimes without clear answers
• Ability to work independently as well as with a team
• Strong attention to detail
• A desire to learn
Motion Products, Inc. is hiring for full-time Mechanical Craftsmen who will be expected to perform work on European and Domestic vintage era vehicles as well as service to 80’s and 90’s models. A degree is not required.
- Experience in European and Italian sports cars
- ASE Certification
- Knowledge of electronic fuel injection and diagnosis
- Experience or knowledge in tuning multiple carburetor systems to include: Weber, Solex and SU.
INTERIOR TRIM AND UPHOLSTERY
Motion Products, Inc. is hiring a full-time Interior Trim & Upholsterer with experience and special talents to work with our in-house team.
CERTIFIED FERRARI TECHNICIAN - experience required
AUTOMOTIVE ASSEMBLY TECHNICIAN 1
(Includes both coach and mechanical)
A working knowledge of automobiles is necessary and prior experience with classic auto restoration is a plus. The Assembly Technician 1 is accountable for providing the appropriate hands on work to the areas of disassembly and assembly including coach and mechanical.
The Assembly Technician 1 will be involved in all manner of activities related to automotive assembly including: inspection, evaluation, tagging and organization of part, mechanical assembly, and electrical work. The technician will be required to research parts, design and execute a particular vision for the car.
Specific Skills Include:
• Works to execute the goals and objectives of MPI.
• Takes initiative to complete requested projects timely and professionally.
• Demonstrates strong attention to detail.
• Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or
approaches to problems.
• Assists with other initiatives as requested.
• Documentation of all duties.
Specific Tasks Include:
• Inspecting vehicles to determine adjustments and repairs that are needed and reassemble equipment to
keep vehicles repaired, safe and in good working condition
• Assemble or disassemble vehicles using hand and power tools
• Perform facilities repairs and maintenance
METAL TRIM & FABRICATION TECHNICIAN
Description and Requirements:
Proficient in the shaping and welding of metal for both the body and the trim elements of a vehicle. The proficiency is normally acquired through an associate’s degree in metal fabrication or equivalent experience.
Specific Skills Include:
- Tig and Gas Welding
- Soldering Process for Lead and Silver
- Metal Finishing
- Sanding of Trim for Chrome
- Metal Shaping
- Work with: copper, brass, aluminum, steel and lead
Specific Tasks Include:
- Bumper Fabrication
- Side Window Fit and Trim
- Internal Trim and Jam Panels
- Grill Fabrication
- Head and Tail Light Fabrication
- Trim Repair